The 2014 Fishing Festival will have a slightly different formatwith the species hunt taking place over the full 3 days of the Festival. The Heaviest Pollack will be held over the full 3 days as is the wishes of the sponsor Allround Fishing. The same will apply to the Dave Corkish cup for the Heaviest Flatfish once more as per the sponsors wishes. This will allow more "Fishing Time" and will no doubt increase the number of species caught.
The rest of the format for the festival is as follows:
1) MAX 4 ANGLERS PER BOAT
2) MAX 4 RODS PER BOAT
3) MAX 12 HOOKS IN THE WATER AT ANY ONE TIME
4) ALL FISH MUST BE 20CMS OR ABOVE
5) ALL FISH MUST BE PHOTOGRAPHED,(all pics will be checked at the end of each day), IF YOU TICK OFF A FISH AND HAVE NO PICTURE IT WILL NOT COUNT
6) BOATS MAY LAUCH FROM ANY PORT
7) ONE MEMBER OF EACH CREW MUST BE AT THE CHECK-IN POINT 1HR BEFORE THE START OF EACH DAY
8)AT THE END OF EACH DAYS FISHING YOU HAVE 1HR TO GET TO THE WIEGH-IN
9)THERE WILL BE A BUFFET AT THE END OF THE FESTIVAL
10) THE ORGANISERS DECISION IS FINAL.