HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

FISHING 08/04/2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END

PostSubject: FISHING 08/04/2018   Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Todays competition was cancelled for various reasons, but Kirsty III's Skipper Michael Emery and I decided to Hold our own species hunt. we met up at 11am and the game was on, the back of Douglas head provided the fresh bait of Launce and Mackerel, ( not to mention the 1st 2 species of the day.)

From here we headed South to a wreck mark and the fishing here was thick and fast with Pollack up to 6lb and Coalfish up to 5lb, however Michael did manage to capture a nice male Cuckoo Wrasse to take a 5-3 lead.

From here we headed further South to fish the Haddock mark and Whiting were in abundance. We continued to drift northwards and the fishing has to be said was pretty good, Michael increased his lead with Haddock and a Poor Cod, while I struck back with a Codling and a Red Gurnard.

The weather was just like a summers day by now and the sea was like a mirror, I pulled the  score back to 8 all with a nice little Haddock of around the 1.5lb mark and with time catching up with us we came across a small patch of rough ground which gave me a very welcome female Cuckoo Wrasse which put me into the lead, it was during this time that we were discussing the size of Whiting that are normally caught around the Isle of Man that Michael caught one that weighed in at an impressive 2.3.5lbs.

Time was nearly up and victory was nearly in sight, however knowing Michael of old it was not over until the fat lady sings and sure enough on the last knockings he drew level with a Red Gurnard.

Time was up for me and having other things to do we called it a draw and headed back for Douglas, Having put me ashore Michael went back out fishing Douglas bay for another couple of hours.

Many thanks to Michael Emery for the invite out today, a good days fishing on the whole, we caught 10 species in total which were : LAUNCE, MACKEREL,COALFISH ,POLLACK,WHITING,CUCKOO WRSSE,POORCOD,HADDOCK,CODLING AND RED GURNARD.

Back to top Go down
http://manxboatfishing.forumsmotion.com .

FISHING 08/04/2018

View previous topic View next topic Back to top