HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

I HADDOCK YOU NOT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END

PostSubject: I HADDOCK YOU NOT    Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:50 am

Both Merit 1 and kirsty 111 were up for an improptu comp today and it was decided that it would be for the heaviest haddock with cod as a back up fish. both boats met at the battery pier at 11.15 and quickly decided that simon reed would guest crew onboard K3 as Merit had 5 crew to start with.

Both boats went straight to the back of Douglas Head for both Mackie and Launce as several other marks were visited on our way to our final mark of the day the haddock grounds. Both cod and pollack were taken at castletown,but there was no great record breakers amonst them.

K3 decided they would move on to the cod mark 3miles out of Port St Mary and try their luck there for a fish for tea,but today there was no joy. Merit 1 however went on down to fish the Wart bank mark in search of a few Flatties whilst K3
headed out to the outer haddock mark.

Several species were taken here including Red Gurnard, Cod ,Whiting , Dab, Dog Fish and of course the only 2 Haddock of the day on K3 went to Skip Emmo so making me loose another £(back to 6 again). Merit 1 however had the upper hand however when we got back to dry land with their haddock out wieghing ours by 4ozs.

A couple of incidents did take place today however when 4 YES 4 anglers ended up tangled together, 2 from Merit and 2 from K3 had a right coming together of which i did get a piccy or two.the other was trhat despite changing his propeller again this morning skip Emmo had to concede that merit 1 now up and running true was showing him a clean pair of heels.

In all k3 did manage a total of 11 species today which with the 3 day festival looming down on us in 3 weeks time is starting to look good.

A few pics of the day

tangle time

Simon with his Cod

Simon with his Veg

Admin316

Back to top Go down
http://manxboatfishing.forumsmotion.com .
ManxAngler

PostSubject: Re: I HADDOCK YOU NOT    Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:25 am

A few more pics of today

K3 at full speed :

It was a little bit lively around Langness :

Compo in the foreground, K3 in the background

Spot the Ball is so old hat, we were playing spot Kirsty III today (clue - you may just about see her in the distance) :

Scummer fought and landed this lump of weed :

Another good day out was had by all, although one skipper does appear to have short arms and deep pockets when it comes to paying up Wink
Back to top Go down
ManxAngler

PostSubject: Re: I HADDOCK YOU NOT    Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:39 pm

As a footnote I think we also had 11 species, although slightly different to yours :

cod, haddock, ling, calig, whiting, dogfish, cuckoo, ballan, dabs, mackerel, launce.

Oh and 4 Octopus Mad

We didn't have a gurnard and did I see Emmo landing a poor cod ? So possibly 13 species between the 2 boats without really trying.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END

PostSubject: Re: I HADDOCK YOU NOT    Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:54 am

Scummer tried to count emmos octopus

admin316

Back to top Go down
ManxAngler

PostSubject: Re: I HADDOCK YOU NOT    Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:32 am

It's a wonder Scummer didn't try to sh#g it ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END

PostSubject: Re: I HADDOCK YOU NOT    Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:11 am

ERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I HADDOCK YOU NOT    

Back to top Go down

I HADDOCK YOU NOT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: All The Old Stuff-
Jump to:  
Private forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum